Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday

My records were read in today during sacrament meeting. What I'm really happy about however is I renewed my temple recommend so I can go to the temple again. I didn't hear from my dinner group people all week. Despite that Julie invited me to attend hers which was very small anyway so I'm glad I attended.

Andrew is divorced. He works at a car wash place but used to be a truckdriver. Bryce is some sort of engineer who tests medical equipment. Syrena is a Korean girl who moved here when she was I think 16 but she still has a pretty heavy accent. Julie's apartment is very pretty and she decorated it well too. It is right in the heart of downtown so she is paying a premium price too. Everything is new and nice. It reminds me of my place at the Riverwoods only it is much smaller. Andrew lives in West Valley and Bryce lives in West Jordan. Syrena lives in West Rosepark. I don't get how people who don't actually live in the ward boundaries are not only ward members but attend the dinner groups too.

The first dinner group I went to had 3 women not in the ward too. Do they just leave EVERYONE who EVER signed up on the lists? Weird. They are so strict about NOT letting you do anything until you are officially in the ward but I feel like they let this slide for some reason.

Ether 13
 22 And it came to pass that Coriantumr repented not, neither his household, neither the people; and the wars ceased not; and they sought to kill Ether, but he fled from before them and hid again in the cavity of the rock.

Choose Wisely - Quentin L. Cook
rise above any rationalizations that prevent us from making righteous decisions, especially with respect to serving Jesus Christ.
Some young people profess their goal is to be married in the temple but do not date temple-worthy individuals. To be honest, some don’t even date, period! You single men, the longer you remain single after an appropriate age and maturity, the more comfortable you can become. But the more uncomfortable you ought to become! Please get “anxiously engaged”6 in spiritual and social activities compatible with your goal of a temple marriage.
We need to rise above rationalizations and distractions. It is especially important to make choices consistent with our covenants to serve Jesus Christ in righteousness.21 We must not take our eyes off or drop that ball for any reason.

0 comments:

Post a Comment